ASoft released a new version of the AdminiMe WHS add-in that continuously monitors the Windows Home Server, hardware, software, notifications and more.
ASoft AdminiMe for Windows Home Server is a console add-in for Windows Home Server. It is an add-in that constantly monitors your server without you having to do anything.
As the Home Server is a headless machine that is running non stop for long periods of times, and mostly hidden away in some closet/basement/small room; people don’t look at its ‘health’ to often. But in reality, it could be that the server’ CPU usage is high for very long periods, or errors are occurring, memory utilization is high,… To avoid this, you can use AdminiMe! It will monitor your server in the background without you having to do anything. And in case something goes wrong, it will notify you. Added to this monitoring, it contains a console where you can watch all kinds of parameters in real-time. Things like CPU, memory, network, disks and all kinds of statistics like uptime, longest uptime, # of starts,…
But it doesn’t stop there, it also has shortcuts to the most relevant tools: Event Viewer, Task Manager, Performance Monitor, Remote Desktop. You also have the option to add your own shortcuts to applications! And next to that, there is a ‘Run-box’ which has the same functionality as the Windows Run Dialog. There is also a screen where you can view, which users have open files to the server shares. All events are kept in a log that can be consulted later on.
Below is a list of fixes in Update-Release-1.
- APP:CA002 CPU Analyzer Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
- A proper message is now shown to indicate that the CPU is overloaded.
- Isn’t possible to change the network card, Apply button doesn’t enable
- The button now gets enabled and selecting a card should work.
- Documentation on using the mail functionality in the Communication dialog has been increased.
- Server: Nag screen contains control characters
- Control characters have been removed.
- The part of the add in that shows the add in is registered says: ‘Registrd to:Name’
- Changed to: ‘Registered to: Name’
- Sent emails are German and contains formatting code \\r\\nin the text, right before the text \”"In der registrierten Version …\”" “
- Control characters have been removed.
- Server: Console crashes when invalid license file is on the server
- An extra check is done and handled.
- Server: Settings aren’t all saved
- Now when changing settings (like events,…) these are saved as well.
- Server: In some cases, selecting the network card wasn’t persisted
- Now when changing the networkcard in the config settings the selected card is saved.
- Server: Error when starting ?There was a problem while checking the registration file:The device is not connected.?
- Now an extra check is done and this error should be handled.
- Server: Checking the last item in the list of Application Logs (Config tab) doesn’t submit the change, isn’t saved
- Now you can select the last item and save the change too.
- There was a problem while checking the registration file:The type initializer for ‘Microsoft.HomeServer.Controls.ShareManager’ threw an exception.This led to problems that mails were sent as unregistered, while the license file was present.
Now an extra check is done and this error should be handled, in some cases it could still occur. If this is the case, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for a workaround.
- Server: When a user chose to ignore messages, in the WHS Console then these messages were also reported.
- Now when you choose to ignore messages, they will not be reported anymore.
- Server: In some cases where there was high memory consumption it could be that AdminiMe reported this, while the threshold was not yet reached.
This was not a bug but the algorithm has been changed slightly so that it is more sensitive.
- The links to the registration page/Auto-Exit page on the console toolbar where opened locally in the console
Now they are opened on the client itself.
- You can now disable the monitoring of a disk’ usage, by setting the threshold to 0.
- The disk id’s in the disk overview tab are now padded with a zero and sorted correctly
- The disk rate is now converted to the best format (Kb/s,MB/s,…)