Kentdome Technologies are super excited to announce the release of the Remote Alert 1.4.1 version. We listened to your feedback and have incorporated tons of improvements that we know you guys will love. Remote Alert permits WHS Administrators to monitor remote access attempts to their Windows Home Server. Any attempt to log on to the WHS via a web browser is reported in real-time using the WHS Network Health task tray icon. A record of access attempts is maintained by the WHS Console.
- Real time logon activity status (successful / failed) alerts
- Real time network activity traffic monitor
- Real time connected session and resources overview
- Remote access activity history overview (basic client info: IP address & browser type)
- IP Security for IP address or entire network range blacklisting
- Powerful brute-force protection (cannot be fooled via proxies & suspends remote access but does not kill any legit sessions)
- Man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack and ARP poisoning detection
- Remote access availability scheduler (i.e. suspend remote access during nighttime, does not affect HP Webshare or additional websites)
- Smart IIS Web logs parser
- Build-in self-checking update notification
Remote Alert 1.4 change log
- Under certain conditions the Activity page would display duplicate sessions and resources in use – this bug has been fixed.
- Network Activity Monitor has been refactored to add support for multiple network interface cards where the fastest connection will be automatically tethered. This behavior may be overwritten by naming your primary connection to the default “Local Area Connection”.
- Revised update available checking mechanics, these are now polling the Add-in Central DB to check for updates available.
- IP Connections blocklist import dialog window would sometimes hide behind the main console window has now been fixed.
- Remote Access availability scheduler timer now supports 24 hour time formats
- Improved Website section, performance, bug fixes such as session reload, improved “Remote Access Activity Only” and “Media Collector” filters.
- Added DNS and Whois lookup option to Website section.
Installation was a breeze as usual. Just download, unzip, copy to the software folder, open the console, click settings, choose add-ins, available tab and install!
Welcome to the improved Remote Alert 1.41 Plugin!
Added DNS, Whois Lookup and automatic BLOCK options to the website section!
This option has been added and must be clicked when you change the date of individual logs in the drop down menu.
This new feature has fixed the missing logs between reboots bug and will ensure you are getting the data you request.
Internet Information Services (IIS) log may be sorted by IP address, time, URL and query parameter as well as pre-defined filters (hide images, hide META, remote access activity only, media collector etc).