We are happy to announce that we’ve released an updated version of the Remote Alert Windows Home Server Add-in. Remote Alert version 1.5 provides real time remote access notification, additional security layers and remote access activity logging.
- Real time logon activity status (successful / failed) alerts
- Real time network activity traffic monitor
- Real time connected session and resources overview
- Remote access activity history overview (basic client info: IP address & browser type)
- IP Security for IP address or entire network range blacklisting
- Powerful brute-force protection (cannot be fooled via proxies & suspends remote access but does not kill any legit sessions)
- Man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack and ARP poisoning detection
- Remote access availability scheduler (i.e. suspend remote access during nighttime, does not affect HP Webshare or additional websites)
- Smart IIS Web logs parser
- Build-in self-checking update notification
What’s new in 1.5?
This is mainly a maintenance release so for those of you who already use it this will fix minor GUI and charting issues, as well as issues with multiple network adapters. The add-in is still free, so for those out there that don’t use it currently, it can be downloaded here or directly via Add-in Central.