A new version of the popular Advanced Admin Console 2011 add-in for Windows Home Server 2011 and Small Business Server Essentials 2011 has been released.
The Advanced Admin Console 2011 add-in extends access to various parts of your server’s administration controls from within the Dashboard. This version hints that the final product may not be free, although the final price is not know as of yet.
AAC 2011 will remain free for use on Windows Home Server 2011 and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials if it’s not domain joined. However, on Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials and domain-joined Windows Storage Server 2008 Essentials (=business users) the latest version of AAC 2011 can only be used until December 1, 2011. After that date, business users must either purchase a license (pricing to be announced) or uninstall the AddIn. On Windows Home Server 2011 and non-domain-joined Windows Storage Server 2008 R2, AAC 2011 will work until after that date but switch to reduced functionality mode. In reduced functionality mode the Favorites Tab is disabled which means you can no longer access custom links and shortcuts. By purchasing a license you can keep using the full functionality of AAC 2011 on these platforms as well.
The changes for v0.9.5 are listed below:
- FIXED: When running the Dashboard from a client PC resizing the Dashboard window may result in improper drawing of the AAC portion of the Dashboard window.
- FIXED: Update notification didn’t work for some users.
- FIXED: An exception occurred when a favorite was created via the web page context menu.
- CHANGED: User interface polished (Removal of MS Office style context menus, other minor changes).
- ADDED: IE ESC notification can now be disabled.
- ADDED: Open, Open in new window and Properties now available for folder in Favorite Tree.
- ADDED: Support for Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials.
- ADDED: German localization.
- ADDED: About dialog.
- ADDED: Licensing system, Activation wizard.